HA’ARETZ: 1. [JUSTICE MINISTER] NEEMAN IN ATTACK AGAINST [STATE ATTORNEY] LADOR: SETS TARGETS AND SUBMITS INDICTMENTS WITH INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE
2. NETANYAHU STOPS LAW ON CHANGING SELECTION OF JUDGES
1. EUROPEAN AGREEMENT TO IMPOSE OIL EMBARGO ON IRAN (…).
1. SHAMGAR COMMITTEE: INDIVIDUAL TERRORISTS IN EXCHANGE FOR CAPTIVES Today, three months after Shalit deal: Committee chaired by Judge Shamgar to present its recommendations to DM. Goal: Not to release thousands of terrorists in exchange for one Israeli captive in the future.
2. YISHAI AND LIBERMAN: WE WILL TORPEDO THE CUT Netanyahu’s coalition partners oppose financing of free education from age 3 at expense of Government ministries.
3. APPARENT: EUROPE TO BAR IMPORTS OF IRANIAN OIL
1. NETANYAHU FREEZES LAWYERS LAW
Second thoughts after storm: PM orders Justice Minister and Attorney General to stop advancement of law to retroactively cancel Bar Association elections. Many in the Likud are satisfied, others are disappointed.
2. FINALLY: OIL EMBARGO AGAINST IRAN
3. SHAMGAR REPORT: HARDENING OF POSITION VIS-À-VIS ABDUCTORS
1. HOLYLAND AFFAIR: OLMERT TO BE CHARGED WITH ACCEPTING A BRIBE
2. OVERNIGHT: TWELVE RIGHT-WINGERS BARRED FROM JUDEA AND SAMARIA
Twelve settlers barred for periods from three months to one year. Administrative detention orders issued due to their involvement in „directing and carrying out violent activity against Palestinians and the security forces.” Right outraged: „Record humiliation.”
1. ADDITIONAL CHARGE AGAINST OLMERT: ACCEPTING A BRIBE IN THE HOLYLAND AFFAIR
2. TWELVE SETTLERS BARRED FROM JUDEA AND SAMARIA: „DANGER TO LIFE”
[Headlines for Walla! and Nana10 are from their websites as of 10:55.] ______________________________
SUMMARY OF OP-EDS FROM THE IZRARAELI HEBREW PRESS
Yediot Ahronot discusses the recent deal between the Dead Sea Works and the Finance Ministry: „If the Dead Sea Works admits that the Government won, how is it that they agreed to lose? Because [Finance Minister Yuval] Steinitz threatened them that if they did not agree to what they agreed to he would establish a committee based on the same format as the one that set royalties for the exploitation of natural gas. And thus, following the great victory the Government’s royalties will grow from about 3% to 7%-8%. Readers are requested not to ask 7%-8% from what, because the answer is very complicated, and is yet to be finally determined. And certainly that will be another clear Steinitz-type victory.” The author concludes that, „The Dead Sea Works will profit, the Finance Ministry will receive its percentage of the cut, and this will continue with great energy until the Dead Sea will be finished. But by then Steinitz will be in a nursing home, and the managers of the Dead Sea Works will have grown fat with their profits.”
Ma’ariv contends that, „Our constant contempt for diplomatic moves and quiet accords must be reconsidered this morning. The ramifications of the European oil embargo are far reaching, much more than another publically declared threat leaked by the Defense Minister’s confidants. For the first time in recent years the Iranians are showing real signs of sweating.” The author notes that, „When someone breaks into their embassies, the Europeans know how to take revenge.”
Yisrael Hayom professes that, „The Jordanian-hosted meeting between Israeli representative Yitzhak Molcho and Palestinian representative Saeb Erekat, did not — nor could it