2. Defense Minister Amir Peretz, ISA Director Yuval Diskin and the IDF Intelligence Corps Director of Research briefed ministers on current security issues.
3. In continuation of its previous decisions and pursuant to its authority under the 1995 Toll Road Law, the Cabinet decided that the section of Highway #6 between Highway #65 and Highway #70 will be a toll road. See tinyurl.com/yggqtw for further details.
4. Pursuant to its authority under the 2006 National Road Safety Authority (tinyurl.com/yzlc4x) Law and in accordance with the proposal of Transportation Minister Shaul Mofaz, the Cabinet appointed Avi Biton as a public representative on the NRSA Council.
5. Pursuant to its authority under the 1959 Civil Service Law (Appointments), the Cabinet decided to extend the tenure of Amos Shapira as Acting Director of the National Infrastructures Ministry Public Services Authority – Electricity for an additional three months or until a permanent director is appointed, whichever comes first. See tinyurl.com/yggqtw for further details.
6. The Cabinet decided to approve in principle draft amendments to the criminal justice code and authorized the Ministerial Committee on Legislation and law Enforcement to approve the draft.
7. The Cabinet decided to approve in principle the draft 2006 Security Service Law (Restrictions on Mobilizing Reserve Officers) and authorized the Ministerial Committee on Legislation and Law Enforcement to approve the draft. See tinyurl.com/yggqtw for further details.
8. The Cabinet instructed Finance Minister Avraham Hirchson and Industry, Trade and Labor Minister Eli Yishai – in consultation with Tourism Minister Yitzhak Herzog – to submit for Knesset Finance Committee approval a directive to encourage capital investment in preferred tourism areas. See tinyurl.com/yggqtw for further details.